Wednesday, October 20, 2010

It's been a while...

And I have another post to put up sometime soon, but I just haven't gotten the chance. This semester has been crazy busy! I've been spending all my time in class, work, clubs, and my room either sleeping or eating whatever simple things I can grab. Oh, and the cafeteria. Tonight was a lame night, however, and there was nothing in the cafeteria. So I decided to make myself a really unhealthy but very delicious meal.
Fake calzone!
I don't know if I've mentioned it but I live in a dorm that doesn't allow anything for food other than a refrigerator and microwave. So my parents brought me a lot of food since my cafeteria is awful...Today I decided I was going to use my pita bread, block of cheddar cheese (don't really know what my Dad intended for me to do with a block of cheddar cheese, but I thank him for it), pint of ricotta, and some home-made vodka sauce my mom made for me.

Step 1:
Cut pita in half, it should be a pocket-style pita. They will fall apart and be messy but be careful and it should hold up well.
Step 2:
Shred the block of cheese. If you are going out and buying ingredients now, buy shredded cheese. Way faster. I didn't have a knife, so I shredded it with a spoon...it was weird but it worked. Anyway, put the shredded cheese into the pita. Any shredded cheese will work. Mozzarella is proper for a calzone, but cheddar was what I had so I don't care.
Step 3:
Scoop out desired amount of ricotta cheese and stir in with the shredded cheese. If you want to be clean about it, mix the two cheeses in a bowl before adding it to the pita. I'm lazy, so I did it in the pocket.
Step 4:
Add 1-1 1/2 spoonfuls of vodka sauce. Stir in as well. Preferably spicy vodka sauce, just to give it all a good kick to it.
Step 5: Put in the microwave for a minute and a half, or until you think it's ready.
Step 6: Enjoy!

I'd post a picture of it, but I ate it.

No comments:

Post a Comment